DCS

• June 22, 2018 at 7:32 am #6075
    Frank Von Horsten
    Participant

Hi guys,

With great interest I saw the recent news about CaptoGlove and DCS on E3. So what are the next steps you guys are gonna take regarding the support of this great simulation?

Cheers,
    Frank

June 23, 2018 at 2:21 am #6087

Hello Frank,

Eagle Dynamics is working on it, we have now a version that is under testing, as soon as a major debug cycle is completed it will be announced publicly. The goal is to have an environment that looks and feels as real as possible and we will use the ultimate state-of-the-art technology to achieve it.

Best Regards,
    The CaptoGlove Support Team

June 23, 2018 at 6:25 am #6089
    Frank Von Horsten
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to it 🙂

June 27, 2018 at 10:42 pm #6111
    Michael White
    Participant

I was told that it was working with dcs before I ordered it. I received my gloves yesterday charged them a I’ll pair them tomorrow afternoon or Friday. My main goal for buying them was to interact with the clickable items in dcs mainly the uh-1h mod. So after I pair/connect them to the computer my plan was to start up dcs go into the huey mod and try to old start the aircraft in virtual reality using the gloves to interact with the clickable items . I’m I expecting to much. Will it work? Most of the time, some of the time , none of the time. I’m assuming this would be the default mode. I’m hoping since ed is partnered with CaptoGloves at one point there will be a total imurssion between to projects.

So what can I expect when I have the gloves connected in dcs?

June 28, 2018 at 12:52 am #6112

Hello Michael,

what you can expect is to substitute your mouse/keyboard/joystick functions with CaptoGlove. So what you do in the game using one of these peripherals can be done with CaptoGlove. That is the “old”, “standard” way. Now, in order to add realism and fluidity we partnered with Eagle Dynamics to have a full integration of CaptoGlove with DCS. Obviously this is the very beginning of such kind of integrations, we are pioneering this field and there is no “traveled road”, therefore everything is a challenge and to be honest we like it that way. Eagle Dynamics is a great team, we expect great results and a completely new experience in the long run, but the road won’t be without bumps (read bugs, corrections, crashes and so on). We are testing the first version and we will soon have news for you.

We hope that answered your question, in case not, don’t hesitate to ask again 🙂

Best Regards,

July 14, 2018 at 3:27 pm #6152
    Ernesto Tundidor
    Participant

Hi guys,

Im particular interested in Captoglove Mouse Functions, and maybe some keyboard as well. So Im not interested in replace any of my HOTAS functions by the globes, in fact my interest is use both gloves (Left&Right one) at the same time with my HOTAS already configured setup. So my question would be, is there any available profile or step by step method in order to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ernesto T.

July 15, 2018 at 3:12 am #6153

Hello Ernesto,

there isn’t a ready profile for that yet, however you can configure your own to match your preferences. Here there is an explanation on how tutorials can be created and saved https://youtu.be/7sk-s97ZUzA.

you can use a more advanced Suite you can find here https://www.captoglove.com/download/Suite/GSuite_v.1.0.57.zip and the firmware you find attached.

If you do create your own profile and are willing to share it, you can send it to us and we can share it to the Capto community 🙂

Best Regards,

February 9, 2019 at 1:02 pm #6752
    Raphael Bodego
    Participant

Hello, i have received my new captogloves, but i am unable to use them in DCS, despite the fact we have a special page dedicated to captogloves configuration.
    Any news from your side on the captoglove implementation in DCS?

August 30, 2019 at 10:14 pm #7405
    Paul Merana
    Participant

Hi

I just got my gloves and I want to use them on DCS. Is there a way to use them with the Oculus Rift as basically more button controllers? AS with others I have a HOTAS I want to use it to interact with the cockpit. With the Rift controllers I can actuate the cockpit controls and I want to do the same thing with the gloves.

Also can you make one with the fingers open so we can feel the stick and buttons? The capacitive sensors are only on the top side on the finger sleeves. Also please make a large size. L/XL is rather small.

In the control panel the only options I can select are finger, mouse and joystick. I can not select VR for the fingers and it seems really buggy where I once I select an option I think its like keystroke I can no longer go back to the default on the finger menu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags